All entrants participate entirely at their own risk and agree that they shall have no claim whatsoever against the organisers, sponsors, helpers, land owners or support services in the event of any injury, loss or damage that a participant may suffer personally or to property, caused directly or indirectly by negligence, accidental or otherwise by anyone of the above mentioned parties or any third party not associated with the race itself.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
The event organisers reserve the right to cancel the race at any time due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. weather conditions deemed to be dangerous to participants and/or event staff, riots, strikes, political unrest, etc.) and if this should happen, entry fee refunds will be at the discretion of the event organiser and may include deductions for admin and other event organising costs incurred to date.
If our event is cancelled or postponed due to COVID-19 regulations, you get the option of an entry refund or transfer to our next Trans Elands event.
No refunds for withdrawals, however rider substitutions will be allowed if done via our online entry system before our online entry closing date and time.
The minimum age limit for the 25km is 8.
The minimum age limit for the 60km is 15.
The minimum age limit for the 160km extreme is 19.
1. It is every rider’s responsibility to familiarize yourself with the route before the race.
2. Route markers will be placed at key points along the route. Please download the race route GPX file at https://www.transelands.co.za/route/ to load onto your bike computer.
3. There is NO road closure, therefore riders must obey normal road rules (as per SA’s National Road Traffic Act), race officials, marshals and medics.
4. 160km: Top 10 finishers from last year and Elite riders will be seeded to start at the front in the start chute.
5. 160km: NO LIGHTS CUT-OFF @ 16h30 SHARP @ Zuurbron waterpoint!
6. 160km: RACE CUT-OFF @ 17h30 SHARP @ Zuurbron waterpoint!
7. 160km: NOTE: You must have a working front and rear light on your bike if you leave Zuurbron after 16h30!
8. 160km: FINISH CUT-OFF: 12 hours after race start.
9. 60km: finish cut off time will be 5 hours after race start.
10. 25km: finish cut off time will be 3 hours after race start.
11. 60km & 25km: NEUTRAL ZONE: the 1st 4,5km will be a Neutral Zone (NZ). The timing starts at the end of the NZ.
12. 25km: Riders from 8 to 12 years old MUST be accompanied by an adult (parent or other designated adult) at all times during the race and in the NZ and must be capable of riding safely on public roads (normal road rules apply).
13. NO private/team backup vehicles nor outside assistance/support/feeding is allowed on the race route.
14. Sweep vehicles will be available for rider pick up in case of forced withdrawals along the route. NB: No private pick-up vehicles to travel from Patensie to The Mast/ The Cheese Shop in opposite direction to 160km race route!
15. In case of withdrawals, a rider must hand his/ her number board to a race official or waterpoint manager.
16. E-bikes allowed in the 60km (only) in a separate (e-bike only) start batch.
17. We are a CSA sanctioned MTB event, therefore CSA Rules for MTB events apply. See https://www.cyclingsa.com/rules-and-regulations
18. The use of drop-type handlebars is not permitted, and only traditional MTB bars may be used.
29. Race number boards (received at registration) are the Property of Trans Elands MTB Marathon and must be returned immediately after the race; Damaged number boards could lead to a DSQ result and/ or may be charged for.
20. NO LITTERING whatsoever will be tolerated along the route and littering could lead to a DSQ RESULT.
21. All other race specific rules will be communicated via a compulsory rider briefing prior to race start.
1. Entries will be limited to a total number of 500 riders across the 3 race distances.
2. Entry fees:
- 160km Solo @ R780 per Rider
- 160km Teams (of 2, 3 or 4) @ R700 per Rider
- 60km Solo @ R370 per Rider
- 25km Solo @ R210 per Rider
NOTE: Pre-Entries will close as soon as the ENTRY LIMIT is reached or on 30 April 2022 at midnight.
3. CSA licence/ membership requirement:
Trans Elands is a CSA sanctioned MTB event, therefore a CSA licence or membership (valid for the date of our event) is required to take part in Trans Elands. If you do not have a valid CSA licence, a CSA (temp) day licence fee will be added to your entry fee during the entry process.
4. Late Entries, Upgrades, Downgrades and Substitutions:
- NO late entries, rider substitutions, upgrades/ downgrades nor batch changes will be allowed on race day
- Late entries (if made available) after the pre-entry closing date will carry a R100 admin fee
- Entry Upgrades e.g from 60km to 160km will carry a R100 admin fee in addition to the difference in entry fee
- Entry Downgrades and Rider Substitutions will carry a R100 admin fee and no credits/ refunds will be given for the difference in entry fee.
5. Start Batches:
The 60km race will be split into 3 start batches A, B and C defined as follows:
- A = Racing Mixed (Elite + competitive riders from any age category)
Note 1: Podium prize winners taken from batch A only
Note 2: You MUST be able to ride at an average speed of 25km/h in the Neutral Zone to enter in batch A
- B = Open Mixed (male and female riders from any age category)
- C = e-bikes
- D = Open Mixed (male and female riders from any age category)
NOTE: Available Slots per batch will be allocated on a first come first serve basis (for paid entries)
Registration/ Number Collection:
Registration will take place on:
2 June 2022 from 12h00 to 18h00 at Rack & Paddle in PE and
3 June 2022 from 12h00 to 16h30 at On Tap in Jeffrey’s Bay and
3 June 2022 from 18h00 to 20h00 at the Ferry Hotel
Race Start Times:
07h00: 160km All
08h00: 60km Batch A – Racing
08h10: 60km Batch B – Open Mixed
08h20: 60km Batch C & D – e-bikes & Open Mixed
08h30: 25km All