All entrants participate entirely at their own risk and agree that they shall have no claim whatsoever against the organisers, sponsors, helpers, land owners or support services in the event of any injury, loss or damage that a participant may suffer personally or to property, caused directly or indirectly by negligence, accidental or otherwise by anyone of the above mentioned parties or any third party not associated with the race itself.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
The event organisers reserve the right to cancel the race at any time due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. weather conditions deemed to be dangerous to participants and/or event staff, riots, strikes, political unrest, etc.) and if this should happen, entry fee refunds will be at the discretion of the event organiser and may include deductions for admin and other event organising costs incurred to date.
If our event is cancelled or postponed due to COVID-19 regulations, you get the option of an entry refund or transfer to our next Trans Elands event.
No refunds for withdrawals, however rider substitutions will be allowed if done via our online entry system before our online entry closing date and time.
The minimum age limit for the 30km Mini is 13.
The minimum age limit for the 60km Lite is 15.
The minimum age limit for the 160km Extreme is 19.
- It is every rider’s responsibility to familiarize yourself with the route before the race.
- Route markers will be placed at key points along the route. Please download the race route GPX file at https://www.transelands.co.za/route/ to load onto your bike computer.
- There is NO road closure and riders are asked to obey normal traffic and road rules, race officials, marshals and medics.
- 160km: Top 10 finishers from last year and Elite riders will be seeded to start at the front in the start chute.
- 160km: At Zuurbron waterpoint: NO LIGHTS cut-off @ 16h30 SHARP!
- 160km: At Zuurbron waterpoint: RACE cut-off @ 17h30 SHARP!
- 160km: NOTE: You must have a working front and rear light on you bike if you leave Zuurbron after 16h30!
- 160km: FINISH CUT-OFF: 12 hours after race start.
- 60km: finish cut off time will be 5 hours after race start.
- 30km: finish cut off time will be 3 hours after race start.
- 60km & 30km: NEUTRAL ZONE: the 1st 4,5km will be a Neutral Zone. The timing starts at the end of the NZ.
- NO private/team backup vehicles nor outside assistance/support/feeding is allowed on the race route.
- Sweep vehicles will be available for rider pick up in case of forced withdrawals along the route. NB: No private pick up vehicles to travel from Patensie to The Mast/ The Cheese Shop in opposite direction to race route!
- In case of withdrawals, a rider must hand his number board to a race official or waterpoint manager.
- All other race specific rules will be communicated via a compulsory rider briefing prior to race start.
- We are a CSA sanctioned MTB event, therefore CSA Rules for MTB events apply. See https://www.cyclingsa.com/rules-and-regulations
- The use of drop-type handle bars is not permitted, and only tradtional MTB bars may be used.
- Race number boards (received at registration) are the Property of Trans Elands MTB Marathon and must be returned immediately after the race; Damaged number boards could lead to a DSQ result.
- NO LITTERING whatsoever will be tolerated along the route and littering could lead to a DSQ RESULT.
1. Entries will be limited to a total number of 500 riders, with limits and entry fees per race distance as follows:
i. 160km limited to 160 riders ONLY
– 160km Solo @ R690 per Rider
– 160km Teams (of 2, 3 or 4) @ R650 per Rider
– NO late entries will be allowed for the 160km
ii. 60km limited to 240 riders (3 batches of 80) ONLY
– 60km Solo @ R340 per Rider
– Batches are defined as follows:
A = Racing Mixed (Elite + competitive riders from any age category)
Note 1: Podium prize winners taken from batch A only
Note 2: You MUST be able to ride at an average speed of 25km/h in the Neutral Zone to enter in batch A
B = Open Mixed (male and female riders from any age category)
C = e-bikes
– Available Slots per batch will be allocated on a first come first serve basis (for paid entries)
– NO late entries will be allowed for batch A
iii. 30km limited to 100 riders ONLY
– 30km Solo @ R180 per Rider
2. Pre-Entries will close as soon as the ENTRY LIMIT is reached or on 25 May 2021 at midnight.
3. NO late entries, rider substitutions, upgrades/ downgrades nor batch changes will be allowed on race day.
Registration/ Number Collection:
Registration will take place on:
3 June 2021 from 12h00 to 18h00 at Rack & Paddle in PE and
4 June 2021 from 12h00 to 16h30 at On Tap in Jeffrey’s Bay and
4 June 2021 from 18h00 to 20h00 at the Ferry Hotel
Race Start Times:
07h00: 160km All
08h00: 60km Batch A – Racing
08h10: 60km Batch B – Open Mixed
08h20: 60km Batch C – e-bikes
08h30: 30km All