All entrants participate entirely at their own risk and agree that they shall have no claim whatsoever against the organisers, sponsors, helpers, land owners or support services in the event of any injury, loss or damage that a participant may suffer personally or to property, caused directly or indirectly by negligence, accidental or otherwise by anyone of the above mentioned parties or any third party not associated with the race itself.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
The event organisers reserve the right to cancel the race at any time due to circumstances beyond our control. If the event is cancelled, no refunds will apply.
No refunds for withdrawals, however rider substitutions will be allowed if done via our online entry system before our online entry closing date and time.
The minimum age limit for the 30km Mini is 13.
The minimum age limit for the 60km Lite is 15.
The minimum age limit for the 160km Extreme is 19.
- It is every rider’s responsibility to familiarize yourself with the route before the race.
- Route markers will be placed at key points along the route.
- There is NO road closure and riders are asked to obey normal traffic and road rules, race officials, marshals and medics.
- 160km: Top 10 finishers from last year and Elite riders will be seeded to start at the front in the start chute.
- 160km: At Zuurbron waterpoint: NO LIGHTS cut-off @ 16h30 SHARP!
- 160km: At Zuurbron waterpoint: RACE cut-off @ 17h30 SHARP!
- 160km: NOTE: You must have a working front and rear light on you bike if you leave Zuurbron after 16h30!
- 160km: FINISH CUT-OFF: 12 hours after race start.
- 60km: finish cut off time will be 5 hours after race start.
- 30km: finish cut off time will be 3 hours after race start.
- 30km: NEUTRAL ZONE: the 1st 2,2km will be a Neutral Zone. The timing starts when you turn right off the tar onto the gravel road.
- NO backup vehicles are allowed on the route.
- 160km: Feeding and Technical support (no bike replacements) will be allowed in the designated support zone at WP4 (Patensie) and WP5 (Zuurbron) ONLY. Details of your support person MUST be provided to the race organisers at registration. Support person MUST travel between Patensie and Zuurbron, via Hankey on the tar road and NOT on the race route!
- Sweep vehicles will be available for rider pick up in case of forced withdrawals along the route. NB: No private pick up vehicles to travel from Patensie to The Mast/ The Cheese Shop in opposite direction to race route!
- In case of withdrawals, a rider must hand his number board to a race official or waterpoint manager.
- No e-bikes allowed.
- All other race specific rules will be communicated via a compulsory rider briefing prior to race start.
- We are a CSA sanctioned event, therefore CSA Rules apply.